It’s Cinco de Mayo and we’re ready to fiestaaaaa with these yummy Margarita Mimosas!
This is an easy cocktail that you can quickly throw together for Cinco de Mayo, a backyard BBQ or a cocktail cruise on the lake. You just pour the ingredients into a large pitcher and serve. And for good measure throw in this traditional Mexican toast:
¡Salud, pesetas y amor y tiempo para gozarlos! – Health, love, money and the time to enjoy them!
Looking for another warm-weather cocktail? Try this Sparkling Spring Cocktail.
For the pitcher
- 1/4 cup chilled agave nectar-sweetened margarita mix
- 1 cup 100% pure blue agave tequila (use 3/4 cup if yo want less of a tequila taste)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice from about 4 limes
- 1 bottle of chilled cava or champagne
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 limes sliced thin
- 2 oranges sliced thin
For the rim
- 1 part salt + 1 part coconut sugar
- lime juice
- slice of lime
Combine all the pitcher ingredients in a large pitcher.
- In a small bowl mix together salt and coconut sugar (a few tablespoons of each). Take your cocktail glasses of choice and coat the rim with lime juice. Dip the glasses into the salt/sugar mixture.
- Fill each glass with the margarita mimosa and garnish with a lime/orange slices.