Fun and easy Halloween treats! These Rice Krispies Monster Eyeballs will put a smile on everyone’s face this Halloween.
My sous chef, i.e. my preschool aged daughter, and I made a super cute and fun Halloween treat this weekend. We were inspired by our favorite Halloween show, Food Network’s Halloween Baking Championship. After watching a marathon of the show, she and I decided to make Rice Krispies Treats with a fun and spooky Halloween twist!
You can choose whatever monster colors you want for these yummy treats. We chose purple and green and they were the perfect color combo!
As far as eyes go, I already had some candy eyes on hand, so we used a fun mixture of white, yellow and green. Of course, you can use whatever eye colors you have or what your local store has.
Did I mention how easy these are to make?
We made a small batch and added enough green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture until we saw the perfect “witch green.”
Next, we made another small batch and added blue and red food coloring to make our vibrant “monster purple.”
As far as food coloring goes, I would err on the side of too much. Once you add the Rice Krispies to the mixture, it lightens significantly.
Once you have made the Rice Krispies Treat batch, butter your hands and roll into balls. It’s sticky but lots of fun!
Next, press a candy eye into the ball and use hands to mold the Rice Krispie Treat mixture around the eyeball.
Finally, when the mixture cools, the candy eye will stick to the Monster Eyeballs.
These Halloween treats are great for a classroom party, a fall bake sale or just a special treat for your kiddos.
Are you looking for another fun Halloween activity? Try creating this cute and crawly pumpkin spider.
Monster Eyeball Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tbsp butter additional butter to grease hands
- 3 cups marshmallows
- Candy eyes
- Food coloring of choice
Rice Krispies Batch
- This recipe is for one small batch which makes approximately 12-16 eyeballs. You will need to make separate batches for each color you plan to use. If you only plan on making a one-color batch, then double this recipe.
- Melt butter in a medium pan.
- Add 3 cups of marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring. Go for a darker color than desired because it will lighten when Rice Krispies are added.
- Add Rice Krispies and mix until completely combined with the marshmallow mixture.
- Set out a baking sheet and grease hands with butter.
- Take approximately 1-2 tbsp of mixture and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet.
- Press candy eye into center of ball. Use hands to form eyeball around candy eye.
- Repeat process until batch is gone.
- If you want to make an adittional color, repeat with new batch.