This Pineapple Martini is a sweet and refreshing tropical island inspired martini and it’s so festive, it’s like sunshine in a glass.
The oppressive heat these last few weeks of August has me dreaming of Hawaii. When I think of Hawaii, I start thinking of pineapples. And when I think of pineapples, I then start thinking of cocktails with pineapple in them.
On a whim last week, I bought some coconut liqueur. I wasn’t quite sure what I would use it for, but I bought it knowing I would use it in something. On the same shopping trip, I also bought some whipped cream flavored vodka for a fall cocktail that I am still trying to perfect.
So inspiration struck, and this gorgeous cocktail is the result.
May I present to you my version of a Pineapple Martini! All I can say is wow. It’s sunshine in a glass and the perfect cocktail to round out my Summer Cocktail Series.
This Pineapple Martini is a refreshing blend of pineapple juice, whipped cream flavored vodka and coconut liqueur for an additional kiss from the tropics.
- 2 oz whipped cream flavored vodka preferably chilled
- 1 oz coconut liqueur preferably chilled
- 3 oz pineapple juice chilled
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- 2 pineapple leaves for garnish
- 1 piece of pineapple; sliced into thick half-moon for garnish
- Fill your shaker with ice. Add the vodka, juice and liqueur. Squeeze lime on top.
- Shake gently and strain the liquid into your martini glass.
- For garnish (optional): Cut bottom of pineapple slice to place on martini glass. Arrange leaves and cherry on pineapple, securing with tooth pick.
Looking for more delicious cocktail recipes? Check out all of my Summer Cocktail Series recipes.