This post has been sponsored by The HERSHEY’S Co. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Growing up, family game night was a tradition in our home. We gathered around the kitchen table playing our favorite games, laughing, bonding and making memories.
And HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Six Packs have been synonymous with our family game nights from the beginning. As kids, we loved to open the decadent bars, smell the scrumptious chocolate, and savor every bite. As a family of four, we each had our own HERSHEY’S chocolate bar and the big winner of game night would get the two remaining bars as the prize.
Now that I have a family of my own, game night and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Six Packs are still a family tradition. Like most families, we are running in different directions for sports events and school activities. Family game night gives us a chance to connect with each other, talk about our week, and make new memories together.
I love incorporating HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate into sweet desserts for our family game nights. I just pop over to my local H-E-B and pick up what I need to create delicious, chocolatey game night treats. You can find all the ingredients you need at H-E-B! With diverse offerings and every major food brand you can think of, they have you covered. Plus, I know I can always find our treasured HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Six Packs in the candy aisle.
Today, I am sharing my family’s game night favorite: Spicy S’mores Quesadillas. With the traditional s’mores ingredients, plus tortillas and a dash of cayenne pepper, the recipe is a Texas spin on a fireside classic.
The recipe is sweet with a kick of spice. Imagine cinnamon sugar-topped flour tortillas, dripping with gooey marshmallow, melted HERSHEY’S chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker crumbs with just a hint of heat from the cayenne. It’s the perfect treat to kick your family game night up a notch!
For each quesadilla:
- 1 (9-inch) flour tortilla
- Softened butter
- 4 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Place length of wax paper on counter surface. Butter one side of tortilla. Place buttered side down on wax paper. Lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper on half of tortilla, if desired. Spread graham cracker crumbs on same half of tortilla.
2. Remove chocolate bars from wrappers; break into sections. Position chocolate bar sections on half of tortilla, breaking to fit so that they don’t extend beyond edge of tortilla. Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup marshmallows over chocolate. Fold tortilla to cover filling.
3. Heat ovenproof skillet several minutes on medium-low heat. Carefully add quesadilla; heat several minutes or until tortilla is golden brown and crisp, turning once.
4. In skillet, top quesadilla with cinnamon sugar and remaining marshmallows. Place in oven on low broil for 1 minute or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
5. Remove skillet from oven and drizzle melted chocolate over quesadilla if desired.
6. Finally, cut into pieces and serve warm. Repeat for desired number of quesadillas.